On March 2, 2015, the hours for the Carnegie Branch Library for Local History will change. The library will be open Monday to Friday 1pm to 5pm, Saturday from 10 am to 3pm, and, by appointment, Wednesday 10 am to 1pm. The hours for most Boulder libraries are changing as of March 2nd, so please check the library website for details.
Our collection at the Carnegie Branch Library consists of Boulder County and Colorado references.
The collection is in process of being added to the Boulder Library catalog system, and each item is identified with a call number starting with "BGS." As of January 2016, about 90% of the collection has been added to the catalog system.
The collection contains a wide range of materials, including the following:
1. Obituary abstracts and copies from the Daily Camera and other local newspapers.
2. Interment records for local cemeteries.
3. Church histories and directories for various Boulder churches.
4. Abstracts from local records on marriages, deaths, and other life events from newspapers and other local records.
5. Vertical files with donated genealogies of local families.
6. Reference books and records on Colorado mining.
7. Reference books for conducting genealogical research.
8. Full set of Boulder Genealogical Society Quarterlies, including an index.
If you are interested in donating new items to the BGS collection, please review our Donation Policy.
The majority of the BGS non-Colorado holdings were transferred to the Denver Public Library Western History and Genealogy Department in 2009.
If you have any questions regarding our books and materials please contact the BGS librarian.